Wednesday 12 July 2017

Review: "Clean it Zero" by banila co

‘Clean it Zero’ is THE makeup remover from Banila Co. I chanced upon this item online and spotted it during my travel to Korea last year at the Banila Co. shop.
Front of the box

Back of the box

Side of the Box

Unlike common Cleansing Oil, Banila Co. Clean it Zero is a Cleansing Balm, or otherwise known as a Solid Cleaning Oil. If you’ve not heard about Solid Cleansing Oil before, it is actually a wonder product that combines the effectiveness of the cleansing oil, as well as the gentleness of a balm. Clean it Zero is a “Lightweight sorbet-like textured makeup removing cleansing balm that whisks away pore-clogging impurities.

Clean it Zero comes in a pretty pink tub. I’m talking about the classic Clean it Zero. I think there are 4 variations in total as seen on the website but at that point in time, I wasn't too sure of the differences so I stuck with the classic. But I found them out recently.

  1. Clean it Zero Classic – Pink Tub
  2. Clean it Zero Purity – Blue Tub (Refreshing, mild formula)
  3. Clean it Zero Resveratrol – Green Tub (Uplift and defend against ageing)
  4. Clean it Zero Radiance – Silver Tub (Brightens skin)

When I first saw the design, I was really considering whether to get it or not. WHY? Not because I don't like pink. But because… I HAVE NEVER BEEN A FAN OF TUBS! You can even say that I hate ‘tubbed’ items because I really don't like the idea of dipping my fingers into a tub of product. Not only do you waste product stuck within your fingernails, think about how much germs and bacteria you are introducing to the tub each time you dig in – no matter you wash and clean your hands or not. I have always transferred my TUB products into pump bottles. Like Laneige Sleeping Pack, Innisfree Green Tea Cream. I would always (ALWAYS) get a $2 vacuum bottle from Daiso, transfer the product into the pump bottle before using. However, considering the raves about this product, I decided to give it a try and seeing that Clean it Zero is a Cleansing Balm, there was really no way I could transfer it to a pump bottle. When I finally unboxed the item, I realised Banila Co. is so considerate that I am very accepting of their design. Hahaha.
A care pack with a inner lid, scoop and magnet,

The magnet helps to test authenticity. (vertical lines)

Horizontal lines, depending on how you align the magnet

The inner lid and scoop being put on

The classic Clean it Zero contains raspberry, mistletoe, papaya, and acerola extracts but it actually smells like grapefruit, I think. Or it could be because of the fragrance added into the product. The very mild scent feels very therapeutic and aromatic to refresh your tired senses after a day at work (or day out). I love how the product melts into a cleansing oil after you rub them warm on your palm. For people like me that love my waterproof mascaras, the Clean it Zero cleansing balm melts the makeup quickly without stinging the eyes. Similar as any other cleansing oil, I will emulsify it with a bit of water before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Depending on what I have on my face, if I have my full makeup on, I will still cleanse it with a gentle foam cleanser (to be safe?). But if I am only on sunblock, after I rinse off the Clean it Zero, I just go about my toner and regular routine.


‘Clean it Zero’ is definitely recommended!

In Korea, a tub retails for 18,000 KRW. Which is approximately 22.50 SGD. With tax free, you can probably get a tub at 20 SGD or so. So far, I have yet to come across them in SG brick and mortar stores but I do see them available on qoo10. Alternatively, seeing that the SG-MY exchange rate is so favourable currently, you may want to pop by SASA Malaysia as they do carry it in stores. Unfortunately, SASA Singapore does not.

I only started using this product in June and looking at how much product I have left (or how little I needed to use each time), this tub should be able to last me for 3-4 months. So, in September or October, I should be popping over to our friendly neighbour JB to get it off the SASA shelves! Muahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment