Tuesday 18 November 2014

Customer Service?

I know I haven’t been updating for quite a while and there are a few things I’ve missed out sharing. I will do a brief one later but first, my awful experience with a PREMIER taxi uncle - SHD1774C.


Earlier this morning, I took a cab to work - as usual. Most of the time, the cabs that I take are more or less the same. As in, the uncles are mostly the same because they are usually around this area at this time. Somehow, today, it was a stranger. By stranger, I mean someone I have never seen before and I doubt I will take his taxi again. And if there is any, he will definitely be on my blacklist. HAHAHA.


Anyway, this uncle - I didn’t see his name - is very rude. I got on his taxi and trip started from 0727hrs. The entire convo goes like this…
Me: Uncle, Capital Tower - Robinson Road.
TU: Robinson Road? Ok.
Me: Please go by Braddell CTE then exit Havelock.
TU: Braddell CTE ar? Ok.
*However, Uncle did not keep right for U-turn. So I prompted.
Me: Uncle, you no need keep right to U-turn meh? Go by Braddell leh.
TU: Go straight also can CTE what.
Me: I told you to go by Braddell what. Braddell need to U-turn. In front is AMK ave 1. *jokingly* Got extra ERP leh.
TU: Aiya, don’t want to pay ERP, we go by Nicoll lo. All the way.
*I just didn’t know what to say.*
TU: Okay la. Nevermind. We go by Braddell CTE.
*The drive continued with his not so smooth driving - jerking the way through.*


When we came near the exit and he double confirmed if he should take the Havelock exit and I said Yes.
After that he asked how he should go and I said, take south bridge road, Maxwell and then Robinson.
He said Okay.


Somehow, I felt he was rushing for time. Cutting corners and switching lanes whenever he can.
He took the outer lane when turning into Robinson Road and when I wanted to prompt him again about the building, it was a little late.
Thankfully, there were no cars behind so he could make the turn but he tried to mumble something in Hokkien, thinking I wouldn’t hear but I did.
He mumbled “Youngster nowadays, dont know how to use their mouth and talk.”


I got really irritated in that moment and since I was reaching my destination, I didn’t need to worry about him dumping me off somewhere unsafe or remote. So I rebutted, “UNCLE! I told you clearly where I was going and how I wanted to get here. You want to “GE QIANG” is your problem. Don’t think I didnt hear what you just said.”


I gave him the fare, requested for a receipt and waited for my change. When he passed me my change and receipt, the money dropped but there was no sense of apology at all. I swear it felt like he was damn happy I had to pick my money up.


On my way to get my morning coffee dose, I was contemplating on whether or not I should write a feedback to PREMIER TAXI about this uncle. However, once I saw the smiles and heard the greetings from the baristas at the CAPITAL TOWER STARBUCKS, I decided against it. Being in the service industry myself, I understand how tough it can be to always maintain a smile and positivity when serving and I believe time to time that leeways should be given in case of a bad day. Then again, it is also important to never bring your negativity to work because it will only make things worse - takeaway for today - especially for those in the service line.

No comments:

Post a Comment