Wednesday 14 June 2017

Review: MKUP Real Complexion Cream

I keep seeing this online so I thought of getting one to try for myself.
MKUP Real Complexion Cream

The marketing is really targeted at lazy woman, like me. Hahaha. So, here's what I saw online...

How awesome does this look?!

Okay. So what this product is about is that it corrects the colour tones of your skin giving it a natural look and at the same time, hydrates your skin.

This is how it looks like without the box.

Vacuum designed tub that prevents oxidisation.
I swear they are very good at viral marketing. After I got this product and tried it for a few days, I saw another video online. The video still got me very worried.

Like, HELLO?! I just bought it! And even used it! Don't scare me lehhhh!

And then I realised, it was a gimmick. So irritating but effective for clicks.
Anyhow. Back to my review of the product.

The pros?

  • Not a makeup but a skincare product. 
  • No need to remove it using make up removers
  • Can be applied during the day and before you go to sleep
  • In the long term, it whitens and corrects your skin tone
  • Products smells light and feels cool on the skin
Left, with MKUP Real complexion cream & Right, au naturel
The cons?
  • Personally, it may brighten up my face too much. I'm pretty sure you can see the difference in colour in the picture above. I'm like 2 shades whiter! Omg. 
  • Although one of the selling point is the vacuum tub, I felt the design is bad as there will always be residue on top which means the product at the top will still be oxidised and may also be prone to germs since you probably won't clean the white part much. And with your fingers swiping through each time... I really think they may be better off with a regular vacuum pump bottle that pumps right onto your palm. 
  • I tried to apply it during the day (beneath my sunscreen) since this is a skincare right..? At the end of the day, I could see some cakey lines at the bridge of my nose where my specs sit. Tried it 3 days and I get the same result. 


So conclusion.
Each tub retails at S$34.90 at SASA outlets in Singapore. Would I get it again? Err. I highly doubt so. It is useful for people that are lazy, I think. However, given how it 'cakes' with my sunscreen, I really don't see why I would continue buying it since it means I won't be able to use it when I head out. So it kind of defeats the purpose of it being hassle-free. There are more products out there that helps to correct your skin tone (to the right tone, I might add). Hahaha. I just don't like the idea that I am 2 shades fairer. I would want to stay with my healthy tan.

An #elliehonestreview. #notsponsorednotinfluenced.

No comments:

Post a Comment