Saturday 14 February 2015

WAYYY Overdue: Bio Beauty Eyebrow Embroidery

In January, I made an appointment with Bio-Beauty to get my eyebrows in shape. My regular bows were not good as there were somewhat droopy. Appointment was set in late Jan, so I was unable to go back in time for a 'touch-up'before the Chinese New Year.

But, overview story first. I had the normal eyebrow embroidery done at Bishan's #1 salon by Amy last year. I had to wait 4 months to get her appointment. And, when I finally did, I was disappointed because:
  1. It was my first time doing eyebrow embroidery, but she did not explain anything (She just drew the shape according to her likes and "confirm it with you"by rejecting any of your requests to change)
  2. Then she put the numbing cream for me on my brows. But before the cream can work its magic, she started the embroidery process. It wasn't that painful because she was using an electric 'filler' and her strokes were fast but it just felt to me that she couldn't wait to finish up.
  3. When she did your eyebrows, she was all talk (LOUD talk with LOADS of action) to her colleagues around her. What I found most unprofessional was that she was complaining about a previous customer to all her colleagues when the new customers are lying there on the beauty beds.
So, I waited 4 months just to finish my brows in less than 20mins and I told myself - after finishing the free touch-up, I will not go back again!

So this year, I decided to go look for other embroidery shops in Singapore and the list is long... Allure, Erabelle, Browhaus and somewhere hidden within it all, Bio-Beauty. I went to all their website to check the prices and the different types of embroidery services provided. I wanted to make sure I did my research right so that the "#1 situation" will not happen again. I even went on beauty sites and forums to confirm their reviews. And finally! I've decided on the one that had just about enough positive reviews that could also save my wallet from combustion - Bio-Beauty.
Edited & Extracted from http://www.biobeauty.com.sg/eyebrow/ 
I got the above pricing chart from their website. You see many different prices and might be confused. Even when I'm at the salon, I had a hard time understanding when looking at the pictures. So I've included the explanation in the purple arrows for easy understanding. And once I've decided on what I want to do, the beautician was all ready for me.

I chose the Nano 3D Korean Eyebrow colouring and Jocelyn was there ready to draw my brows. She was very patient and each time she drew, she made it a point to explain why it has to be higher/ lower and which point has to be thicker or thinner. All the drawing and consultations took almost 30mins.

And after the explanations, it's time for the numbing cream! Jocelyn made sure to let it set for at least 15mins before starting on my left brow. The embroidery process took about 15-20mins. And it took approximately another minutes or the colour to set in and I was done. The entire process took almost an hour.
After (left) and Before (right)
Can see the difference and how much it helps to light up my facial expressions right? My mum saw the difference and she couldn't resist. She ended up signing for the  same 'package' and did her eyebrow embroidery there too! HAHAHAHA!
Last but not least, a photo with the lady whose hands and skills made it happen.
Love the experience and the way things work at Bio-Beauty. Will definitely recommend my friends to go there. And, if you really did your research - like me - you will know that their price is definitely worth the try! Going to schedule my "touch up" sometime in March and will keep you guys updated!

Ciaos~



2 comments:

  1. What you say if i go for Eyebrow Transplant in Dubai ? I need to get best service :) Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eyebrow Embroidery is one of my dream and goal this 2019. I hope to have it as soon as possible.

    ReplyDelete