Saturday 16 March 2019

Which is better - Cleansing Oil or Cleansing Balm?

Is there really something better than the other? 

The order is in no way any indication of the question because I believe it's all personal preference - as long as it cleanses your skin without drying out! To be honest, I'm not a fan of cleansing water as I quite dislike the idea of dragging cotton pads across my face anymore than I need to. And not forgetting the fact that I always find that with cleansing water, it's like, you're just adding another layer of product over your skin. Something like Febreeze when you don't really wash your clothes but you spray another layer to deodorise the smell. Not too sure if it's making any sense, but I'm always a "wash-off = clean" girl, and whatever stays should be beneficial to your skin like 'sheet masks' and 'sleeping packs'.

So yeah, here's how I choose what to use - since I always have both Cleansing Oil and Cleansing Balm at home (featuring my favourite products).

NeoGen Real Cica Micellar Cleansing Oil

This is something I've discovered very recently - only late last year and it has served me well.
Photo credits: Google

I will recommend people with sensitive skin to use this as this cleanser has 'Cica' and 'Cica' is believed to be able to soothe and repair irritated skin. I usually use this when my skin is inflammed (when I battle acne on my 'magical days'), sensitive, or when I only have sunblock on.

Tip-Bit! Always remove your sunscreen with a make up remover no matter what the your sunscreen bottle says because no sunblock can be a 100% non-comedogenic. 


Banila Co "Clean it Zero"

I've written a detailed review on this a few years back and I stand by it! Till date, 'Clean it Zero' is my favourite cleansing balm. They've (not so) recently changed their packaging from a more 'sophisticated' design to a more 'clean' design - which I actually prefer.
Photo Credit: Google

I'll usually use a cleansing balm when I have eye makeup on. The reason? Personally, the cleansing balm is easier to control the 'seepage'. When I use cleansing oil on my eyes, it often seeps into my eyes no matter how tight I shut them and well, that is not healthy for anyone. When I use a cleansing balm like the 'Clean it Zero', it is easier to control, does what it should, and cleans everything out. What's best, because it is easier to control, it does not seep into my eyes and I don't open them to a milky vision.

Tip-Bit! It's always a good practice to rinse your eyes with water no matter what cleanser you are using. Rinse out your eyes so that there is nothing remaining - whether you see it or not - so that you don't get an infection. 

Anyhow. Speaking of sunblock, I will be writing something about it very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment