Monday 19 December 2016

December 19...

It's been a week since my birthday and I'm still receiving a few belated wishes. No, I'm not complaining at all! It's precisely because of my birthday (this small insignificant event) that I've managed to get in contact with some old friends whom I haven't contacted in a year or more! Really amazed at how little events like this can rekindle friendships and memories! So yes, I know that December is going to be another fast month. Although the birthday's over but with Christmas and New Year's coming, it means more social nights and more "relaxed" at work since the bosses are hardly around. Hahaha.

Right. I really feel very thankful and frankly, feeling a little off this year. Somehow, I felt too pampered. Not too sure why I felt this way but a friend was saying, its the "Quarter of a Century" crisis. Muahahaha. Anyhow, it has never been a tradition to celebrate birthdays in my household. All we do on birthdays are mostly a good dinner out and that's about it. My parents tell me that one does not need to celebrate so many birthdays - only the ones that count, i.e., Your 1st, 21st, 60th, and possibly the decades after. So yes, there were so many wishes and gifts this year that I felt too pampered and that I have not done enough to receive. It may be hard to understand and difficult to explain so, I'm just going to end this post with all the love I've received.

Birthday (Log) Cake from the colleagues!
I know I look damn tired. Omg!
Gifts from the colleagues
From one of my BFW
A ladies night out...
My birthday gift for myself... Just ONE! Hahaha
Pre-Birthday Steamboat!
Gift from the team!

And finally...

Makeshift Birthday cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment