Thursday 29 December 2016

I STILL GOTTA SAY IT!

Even when I think you’re all sick of hearing it… IT’S BEEN A BUSY DECEMBER! I’m serious. December freaking just zoomed past! Hahaha. My birthday marks almost half the month gone. And, as you probably know… that was an amazing week!

So moving on from there, everyday still felt very festive to me. Since December is my birthday month and, there’s Christmas… Also New Year’s Eve! Could be the concept of “12 days of giving” since Christmas is exactly 12 days from my birthday! Muahahaha. Anyhow, I prepared Christmas gifts for my colleagues – small thoughts – since my Korea trip. Was shopping and saw a few Christmas ideas and bought from there. So, no last minute shopping this year. All was prepared since October! Hahaha. There was a bit of brainstorming done for the boy gifts but I eventually decided that food would be the best. I ordered some clear Christmas ornaments from Taobao and thought it would be good and cute as a gift but there were a few that came mismatched so, I ended up having lesser “balls” than I initially planned.
Chocolates in a Christmas Ornament~
Had the intention to pack the girl gifts so I went to SKP to get the mesh drawstring bags and to get the bulk price, I decided that this would also serve as a backup for the boy snacks. Hahaha.
Gudetama~! I forgot to take the snacks in this mesh bag...
Usually December is the month to catch up with friends because there are so many reasons to and no reasons not to! So, there were impromptu “Secret Santa” planned and I had to go buy gifts last minute. Hahaha. Did you know, there are websites that help you coordinate “Secret Santa” with your friends? We used ‘Drawnames.com’ but I’m pretty sure there are more out there. Everything is so easy. One person will be the group admin, enter the agreed budget and criteria (if any) as well as all members email addresses. Everyone would then receive an email invitation from Drawnames to join the group. Once you’ve accepted, (as a Santee) you can either decide to be surprised or provide your Santa with a wish list. If everyone in the group has accepted, you will receive another email from Drawnames to see your Drawn name. And that person is your Secret Santee! Simple and Easy. Really amazed at how people think of these ideas…
Xmas Presents! So loved...

Xmas Presents Part 2...
Catch-ups happened on 23-Dec (Friday night!) at The Mad Sailors and 24-Dec (Christmas Eve morning), where we actually Cocoichibanya (Japanese Curry) at 10am. Yes, Level 2 spicy level on a Saturday morning! Hahaha. And another intimate catch up at a friend’s place on the night of Christmas Eve. It just had to be pouring the entire day. Cold and wet… Tsk. Anyhow, off topic… I will be writing a review about The Mad Sailors soon…
23-Dec TGIF catch-up...
Now that Christmas is over, it is almost immediate that we see Chinese New Year (CNY) decorations. In 2017, CNY will also be in January which is why retailers are all throwing gifting strong discounts (still!) from Christmas all the way till end January! Don’t stop shopping! Hahaha! But, do take care of your wallets…

2017 is just 2 days away! 
Are you ready for it?
Have you looked back on 2016?
Did you manage to fulfil your 2016 resolutions?
Will you be coming up with resolutions for 2017? 

Hahaha. Many questions huh. Think about it when you’re bored. For now, enjoy the New Year ’s Eve (NYE) weekend! It’s Friday! Although I don't usually celebrate New Year’s Eve because my mother’s birthday also falls on 31 December! Each year, we’ll have dinner out and then head home to watch the fireworks, on TV, or outside the flat, depending on where the fireworks are being released (If this is the right term for it). Hahaha. But the main point is to avoid the crazy crowds everywhere. Nonetheless, have a good NYE! And till the countdown starts for 2017, HAVE A BLAST... for whatever remaining 2016 time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment