Thursday 7 August 2014

SampleStore Review: My first checkout...

Recently, I signed up at SampleStore.com following my friend’s advice. If you don’t know what SampleStore is, it is a website – managed by Singapore Post – that allows its users to redeem samples for try-out before actually committing to a whole bottle/ pack of product. In each redemption cart, you are allowed to redeem up to 4 different samples. And, generally, there are 2 types of samples available:



(1) Sponsored Samples
Enjoy 4 samples absolutely free-of-charge as postage is paid forth by the various companies
(2) Other Samples
With a minimal cost of 5.99SGD, you get to enjoy 4 premium samples that you may or may not fall in love with



What’s good about SampleStore is that it updates its samples pretty often and there is a large variety of samples available. With every review you provide, you will get to earn 2 points which is used to redeem more samples. Well, ain’t this a vicious cycle that you just can’t step out of? J Another thing I like about SampleStore is that they carry good brands and not some ‘ulu’ brand. You will be confident to try-out the products in SampleStore because you have heard of the brands they carry somewhere.


The not-so-good thing about SampleStore is that the samples gets snapped up pretty fast. So you’ve got to watch it often or else you’ll be missing out the best deals. So far, I have yet to try the paid samples but I heard that there is only 1 paying option, i.e. PayPal. People like me that don’t have PayPal accounts, I don’t know if you will be creating one but I’m pretty sure Singapore Post will come up with another payment method once this SampleStore program stabilizes – if you’re willing to wait.


So here goes my first review on the products I received from SampleStore on my first checkout.





Hiruscar
<Good> Smell of the gel is pretty nice and it is clear in color. I like how it feels when applied, not too sticky and the smell is not too intense. 
<Not-so-good> I probably didn’t use it enough as it says you need like a period before it actually make visible changes. Well, I did see some reduction in redness but not that much about lightening the scars.


No definite judgment yet but it sure is a product you can consider keeping.



Nivea In-Shower Body Conditioner
<Good> Love how this product feels when applied. It really feels like your hair conditioner. Speaking of, there are like literally conditioners for everything now. How great is that? Moisture, moisture and more moisture. (Y).
<Not so good> Nothing much actually. Just that like any other conditioners, you gotta be careful after you wash them off. Do rinse your floors a little more as it tends to get a tad bit more slippery after.


HAVE FUN & enjoy locking in the water even with your packed schedules!


DHC PPQ gel & DHC Suncut Q10 Aqua Gel SPF 50
<Good> It’s really easy to apply and the product feels great on the skin. Easily absorbed.
<Not-so-good> Again, there is nothing much to say bad about this product. I only wished I had more…


I decided to write this 2 ‘reviews’ together because they were of the same brand and they felt similar when I applied them. I first heard of this brand after watching running man. HAHA. Because, if I’m not mistaken, Song Ji Hyo is the ambassador for this brand in Korea. Nonetheless, if you’re looking to get this in Singapore, try visiting Watsons.



So, that’s about it. Let’s just end here.


- Elizabeth.

No comments:

Post a Comment