Tuesday 25 August 2015

Another Public Holiday for Singapore this SG50

I was at work, in a meeting no less when my phone started buzzing non-stop with the following text/ WhatsApp:
Parliament dissolved; Singaporeans to vote in General Election on Sep 11 - Channel NewsAsia - http://www.channelnewsasia.com/mobile/singapore/parliament-dissolved/2071898.html
11-Sep, people! Another public holiday for the office workers like me.

I'm supposed to be out of the country on business trip till the 12th. So, because of this election, I cancelled my trip. Whoohoo! But, I still gotta wake up early and confirm the operations via phone.
It's gonna be my first time voting. Not too sure who to vote for yet since I've yet to find out the parties involved. Hahahaha. Sorry. I'm not that into politics. I won't say for sure that I'll vote for PAP. Nor will I for sure vote for the opposition.

I will make sure I listen to both parties "proposal" and vote accordingly. There's always a second time, or a third and more to make things right. Yes, opposition is needed to make one party grow and change but it might not necessarily be the best. So people, vote wisely! Don't do it just  because you want to spite a certain party. Do it while considering your future, and the future of Singapore.

Wise choices, people!

No comments:

Post a Comment