Saturday 22 August 2015

Cha Thai

For those of you that have seen my Instagram, you would know that I went Cha Thai for lunch. It's a little concept restaurant/ cafe along Telok Ayer street.

If you're interested, do look it up. 



Anyhow, I feel the price is slightly on the pricey but if you share it with your colleagues, it should be quite worth while. They do have set menus so please make sure to flip till the back of the menu to see what they offer. The lunch sets are 25nett with main course, drink and fruit.

Frankly, my colleagues and I forgot to request for our fruit dish and left. So I really don't know what they serve. Hahaha. Stupid, I know. But there's a reason behind everything right? 

1. We didn't know the portion of all-carte was that big.

2. On top of our individual mains, we ordered the pandan toast to share. 

3. Something funny and serious happened at the same time...

We were all so engrossed in the menu. Because of the variety and the price, and Grace who always puts her phone conveniently on the desk. 

Somehow when we were done eating, which I'm pretty sure would have landed me in a food coma, we were headed out to the cashier for payment when Grace realizes she has a phone missing. Well, most of us at work carry two mobiles - one for work and one personal. 

While Winnie was making payment, I stepped out and checked my phone to find few missed calls from the office and one from another colleague.

Upon calling back, the conversation was as such.
Liz: Gek, you called?
Gek: Yes.. (In an anxious voice) Are you out for lunch with Grace? 
Liz: Yeah. What's wrong?
Gek: Does Grace know she misplaced her phone?
Liz: Yeah, she's looking for it now. Do you know where it is? 
Gek: Her mum called the office and said she lost her phone. It's now at a Thai Restaurant. You need to tell her to go collect.
Liz: We're still here. I'll tell her now.
*At the same time, Grace was calling her personal phone using the company mobile, and the cashier took it out from her pocket*

We were all just staring wide-eyed when the cashier explained. "We found it within our menu. But we didn't know whose it was and we could only call your mother."

I was just laughing and shocked that they managed to find her mum's number and also, how her mum managed to call the office. Over that hour of lunch, no one realized the phone was missing. And when we did, it felt like it all happened so fast, it was even comical. Haha.

After lunch, on our way back to the office, I reminded Grace to call her mum to give her the peace of mind. Then Grace said, "Wa. My mum actually went to our store to find our office number cause she didn't manage to get through on my company phone."

Tsk. This blur sotong! 

*p.s. Stay tuned tomorrow, or later today since it's already past 12...

No comments:

Post a Comment