Thursday 27 August 2015

Protecting your skin with a layer of sunscreen

I always thought that sunscreen is a hassle and that it is too sticky. For people like me with an oily/ combination skin, it adds on to the troubles that you're already having. So I have a love-hate relationship with sunscreen, using them on and off.

I been using this korean brand, ODBO that features this small sunscreen pact for a few years now. It's like your regular foundation/ blusher pact but it's only sunscreen. I don't really indulge in makeup - except for occasions, or when I have too much time on my hands before leaving the house. 
Most sunscreen pacts that I find in Singapore come with foundation.
This is JUST sunscreen.
Usually, for work, I would just put on the basic toner, hydrating lotion and moisturiser and if I can spare an additional 5 mins, I'd put on some sunscreen. But I can't see to find this in Singapore and when I ran out the first time, I had to source for alternatives while troubling my friend to bring it back for me when she visited Korea. The first alternative that I tried was Neutrogena. I forgot which collection it was but it was slightly sticky and I didn't like how it felt on my face. After I managed to get some stock from Korea, I tried to save it for when I travel since it's easy to carry the pact around. You know how some airlines are exceptionally anal *ahem* strict about carrying liquids and sprays? This is the best solution for travelling. And since I travel quite a bit for work, I had to save some for the 'rainy/ flying' days so I still tried some brands that I can find locally like Avene's Very High Protect Spray. But now, I found a better solution!

Few weeks back, I started this facial program with Skin Shape (I've posted my review few days back) and my consultant/ beautician reminded me on how important it is to have sunscreen. And approximately the same time, I was watching a video on youtube and I came across one of those irritating advertisements that either forces you at the beginning of the video to watch 5 seconds of it before skipping or one of those that pops out of nowhere in the middle of your video. Hahaha. Anyhow, this was how I saw the advertisement on Loreal Paris' UV Perfect Aqua Essence City Mist with SPF50.

So, seeing that I have the same excuse as those in the video, I decided to get myself one of those sunscreen mist and give it a try. And boy, ever since I started using it, I'm in love with it. It is so easy to apply, so fast and, it's ultra lightweight. Well, maybe after a few hours, it starts to get oily and sticky but this is just as well - a reminder for you to slightly cleanse your face and 'top-up' your sunscreen. 
The only "Make-up" I have on my face when I leave for work.
Either the Odbo Sunscreen or Loreal Mist would protect me from the Sun.
The bottle is quite small and easy to carry around. I usually start to remove my sunscreen in the afternoon because your face starts to get all greasy. But it got me thinking, after this video, why I got UV glasses? Hahahaha. Precisely because the computer - that I am staring at right now and 90% of my time at work emits UV rays... So, I decided to keep this "tiny solution" in my office for any re-application if necessary. 

Good news for those that might be tempted to try. 
From 20-Aug till 02-Sep, Watsons is having a purchase with purchase sale. With every $18 spent, you'll get to get this tiny magic solution at $17.90. That's a total of $7 savings as compared to its original price.

The funny thing is, because the original price of this item is already more than $18, you don't need to purchase something first. You can just get this at the discounted price. I clarified this with the cashier before I stocked up another 2 bottles at home. Hahaha. Sharing the love and benefits for all those lazy bums out there - like me. Hahahaha. Enjoy~!

No comments:

Post a Comment